elcome to my personal homepage!
I am currently a research associate at the University of Sheffield. There I work with Andreas Vlachos on developing a domain-independent Natural Language Generation framework from unaligned corpora using Imitation Learning. This will be applied to a variety of domains, as well as weather reports and data obtained from the Met Office.
I received my Ph.D. from Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) and before that, I got an M.Sc. degree in Computer Science of AUEB and graduated from the department of Informatics of the same university with a degree in Computer Science.
My Ph.D. research focused on Natural Language Generation (NLG) from ontologies of the Semantic Web, either by employing pipeline architectures or by jointly examining the decisions of the various NLG stages (e.g. via global optimization approaches), as well as automatic and semi-automatic methods of extracting linguistic resources for NLG from documents of the World Wide Web. Both my BSc and MSc theses consider Question Answering systems; in particular, systems that attempt to answer definition questions by extracting candidate answers from documents of the World Wide Web.
My research interests revolve around Artificial Intelligence, especially Natural Language Processing, and particularly:
- natural language generation from ontologies, especially Semantic Web ontologies,
- natural language question answering for ontologies, document collections, and the Web,
- text summarization, and how it can be combined with natural language generation,
- natural language processing tools for Greek, for example part-of-speech taggers and named-entity recognizers,
- machine learning and global optimization approaches in natural language processing.